Thursday, November 7, 2013

Grandparents' Breakfast

This week has been very exciting.  Wednesday morning children and their grandparents came to Cold Spring School for breakfast, crafts and the book fair.  It was a pleasure for me to meet so many of my students' grandparents.  There is nothing like the relationship between a child and his or her grandparent.

I found the following poem online.  It made me stop and smile.


Grandma hold me
a little longer,
Rock me a little more.
Tell me another story...
(you've only told me four!)
Let me sleep
on your shoulder.
I love your happy smile.
I'll always love you Grandma
so stay with me a while.

These words also spoke to me:

I like to walk
with Grandpa…
He takes his
time you see
His steps are
little just
like mine;
He stops and
waits for me.

He lets me ask
him questions
He lets me hold
his hand.
He makes me
feel 10 feet tall
And I think that
he is grand.

He says there’s
no one like me
And gold is
what I’m worth.
When I get to
walk with
Grandpa
I’m the luckiest
kid on earth!
Patsy Gaut


Thanks to all the grandparents who took the time to visit this week.  

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment